What is Pegasus Rowing?
Pegasus Rowing is one of the premier co-ed junior rowing teams in the Greater Philadelphia Area. We are dedicated to developing outstanding junior rowers from ages 8-23. Based out of the Upper Merion Boat Club just outside of King of Prussia, Pegasus Rowing fields competitive racing teams for the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter (indoor) seasons.
We complement our on the water programs with strength, erg training, and yoga sessions dependent on the season.
Pegasus Rowing’s mission is reflected in its motto “Audete esse magni!” exhorting young rowers to “Dare to be great!”.
Our coaches focus on providing a positive, competitive environment where motivated junior rowers can significantly improve their rowing.
Pegasus rowers come from a broad geographical region, reaching to date as far as Lancaster Pennsylvania.
Is made up of those athletes who:
- Do not have access to a rowing program through the school they attend.
- Do not have a summer, fall, or winter rowing program through their school.
- Are seeking a more competitive training and racing environment.
- Are home schooled and have the flexibility to choose any program.
- Are multi-sport athletes able to schedule early morning erg/strength training.
- Have difficult schedules that require a customized training program
The common bond that brings these junior rowers together is an uncommon desire to excel in this demanding sport.
How we differ from other programs…
With an incredible stretch of the river at our disposal, rowers are able to put in miles and access incredible stretched of the Schuylkill River.
Yoga & Mobility
Focusing on increasing rowing-related mobility and aiding in injury prevention, part of our program incorporates 2 classes a week.
Strength & Conditioning
One of the most beneficial parts of our training regime is our work off the water with Coach Steve of 8 Days Later Fitness.
In small boats and in small group sessions, rowers will have coaching focused on their needs and goals. We pride ourselves on having one of the best coach-to-athlete ratios in the area!