The Pegasus Rowing Association (PRA), a co-ed junior rowing development program, is dedicated to developing outstanding co-ed junior rowers from ages 8-23. Based out of the Upper Merion Boat Club just outside of King of Prussia, PRA fields competitive racing teams for the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter (indoor) seasons.
PRA complements its on the water programs with strength, erg training, and yoga sessions depending on the season.
The Pegasus Rowing Program’s mission is reflected in its motto “Audete esse magni!” exhorting young rowers to “Dare to be great!”.
PRA coaches focus on providing a positive, competitive environment where motivated junior rowers can significantly improve their rowing.
PRA rowers come from a broad geographical region, reaching to date as far as Lancaster Pennsylvania.
Junior rowers who make up PRA include those who:
- Do not have access to a rowing program through the school they attend.
- Do not have a summer, fall, or winter rowing program through their school.
- Are seeking a more competitive training and racing environment.
- Are home schooled and have the flexibility to choose any program.
- Are multi-sport athletes able to schedule early morning erg/strength training.
- Have difficult schedules that require a customized training program
The common bond that brings these junior rowers together is an uncommon desire to excel in this demanding sport.